This will satisfy the sausage roll cravings of even carnivores.
Ingredients (approx. 20 mini rolls)
1 tblsn chia seeds
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup walnuts
1 tsp cumin
black pepper (to taste)
1 large onion quartered
3 cloves garlic
2 tblsns light soy sauce
2 tblsns dark soy sauce
2 cups breadcrumbs
10 sheets filo pastry (I find it easier to use the fresh one)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. place chia into bowl and cover with 6 tblsns water and allow to sit for 10-15 min until it thickens.
2. pre-heat oven 180 deg C.
3. place oats, walnuts, spices into food processor and blend until fine. add onion, garlic, soy sauces, chia mix and breadcrumbs and process until the mixture comes together. transfer to bowl.
4. place 2 filo sheets on bench, brush one with olive oil and lay the other on top, place 1/5 of the mixture along the edge and roll, brush the end lightly with oil to seal. continue this with the rest of mix to make 5 large sausage rolls and then cut these into the sizes you wish.
5. transfer sausage rolls onto trays lined with baking paper and brush each roll with a mix of oil & water.
6. bake for 30 min or until golden.
If you have every been to Vietnam and tasted Pho (pronounced 'fur') you will know how amazing this soup is. Traditionally it is eaten for breakfast!